The World Bank has announced that it is looking to hire two interns for a two-year program in 2019-2023. The internships are fully-funded, which means the selected candidates will not have to pay for the cost of their relocation and living accommodations.Academy World Bank is offering its World Bank Internship programme 2023 in India and other selected countries. The Academy is the oldest and largest international development organization of the United Nations, with a focus on capacity building, knowledge generation and dissemination; improving lives through sustainable development.
About World Bank
The World Bank is an international organization that provides loans and grants to help developing countries develop and grow. The World Bank’s mission is to end extreme poverty, reduce inequality and boost shared prosperity, and promote global economic growth, social progress and environmental sustainability. The World Bank has a staff of around 50,000 people who work in 245 countries on five continents across the world.
The internship program at the World Bank offers a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in the field of development economics. You will be working with a team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of people around the world by providing them with useful information about current issues affecting development finance.The internship program at the World Bank offers a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in the field of development economics. You will be working with a team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of people around the world by providing them with useful information about current issues affecting development finance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in research projects related to your area of expertise.
- Contributing ideas for improvement based on ongoing projects
Details of World Bank Internship:
Country:United States of America
Location:World Bank HQ Washington DC
Duration of Internship:4 Weeks
World Bank Internship Study Fields:
The following is a list of the most commonly studied courses on the global economy. These courses are offered during the World Bank Internship Program in Washington DC, which runs from June to December every year.
Economics: Macroeconomics (CMS), Microeconomics (MIS) and International Economics (INL)
Finance: Financial Economics (CMS), Financial Risk Management (CMS) and International Finance (INL)
Trade: International Trade Policy and Analysis (CMS), International Trade Organization (INL) and Global Trade Issues (CMS)
World Bank Internship Benefits:
- Funding-The program is fully funded and students receive an allowance of $6,000 per month. This is an amazing opportunity for students who are interested in working in the development field.
Opportunity – You’ll be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with different teams based on your interests and experience level. You will have the chance to meet new people and develop new skills while working on these projects!
Experience – You’ll get hands-on experience working at an international organization like the World Bank in one of their offices around the globe!
Applicants must be:
Undergraduate student, graduate student or postgraduate student in any discipline of higher education.
- Be between the age of 18 and 30 years as on 31 December 2020.
- Eligible for admission to World Bank Group internship program for the year 2023.The internship experience must be completed during the academic year and must not be part of any other internship program.
- The student must have at least one year of university studies remaining (i.e., junior status) in order to be eligible for the World Bank Internship Program.
- The student must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities in both academic and professional areas, as well as evidence of initiative and initiative-taking ability.
- The student should have a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively as part of a team. The student should also possess excellent interpersonal skills with strong communication skills in English.
- University/College Transcripts. If you have not yet completed your education, please download and print out the application form from this website. Complete all sections of the form including date of birth and nationality. Also attach copies of your transcripts, transcript request letters (if applicable) and a photocopy of your passport pages containing personal data. The documents must be submitted in English or translated into English if they are not in English.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV). Your CV should clearly state your educational details (name, address, contact telephone number, email address) and professional qualifications obtained to date; it should also indicate why you are interested in interning at the World Bank Group
- Academic transcripts showing previous studies relevant to the job applied for with GPA; graduation dates; study areas etc., if applicable. If you have not yet graduated, please provide copies of your academic transcripts indicating the courses studied; their titles (e.g., Masters); year(s) completed; grades obtained in each course and any other academic information relevant to this position
How to Apply:
To apply for the World Bank Internship Programme 2023 Fully-Funded, you must:
- Fill out the online application form
- Upload your CV, cover letter and proof of eligibility (i.e., degree/diploma or certificate)
- Upload your transcript(s) or diploma(s) if applicable
- If you are applying for a graduate program, upload your academic transcript and a copy of your official recommendations letter
Last Date to apply:
The last date to apply for World Bank internship programme 2023 is 31 October 2022
If you have questions about the application process or if you need assistance completing your application, please contact us at educationin.eu