There are many scholarships in Malaysia for international students. Different scholarships vary depending on the country of origin and scholarship criteria. But the Malaysian Government has a set of scholarship program mes that are open to international students.
Malaysia is considered one of the best countries to study overseas. The country has many scholarships for international students coming from countries all across the world, and this is a great thing because every student that studies in Malaysia will be able to benefit from their experience while they are there. What’s more, most of the grants are not even limited to just one subject area meaning that you can study your preferred subject without worrying about what area you need funding for.
Living Cost in Malaysia:
The cost of living in Malaysia is relatively low compared to other countries in the region. This is especially true if you choose to live in the capital city of Kuala Lumpur, which is home to a large student community and a vibrant nightlife scene.
The cost of living in Malaysia can be broken down into four main categories: housing, food, transportation, and personal expenses.
Housing: The cost of housing in Malaysia has remained stable over the past few years. Average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment ranges from $150-$200 per month (about $1,300-$1,700 per year). A small studio apartment or room comes with an average monthly rent of $100-200 (around $700-$1,200) per month. If you opt for a furnished rental property instead of an apartment or house, expect to pay about $150-$250 per week ($1,300-$2,000 annually) for basic furnishings such as bed linens and towels.
List of Scholarships in Malaysia:
The list below contains some of the most prestigious scholarships in Malaysia:
Malaysian Government Scholarship
The Malaysian government offers several scholarships for international students. These include:
Malaysian Government Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries (SARC) – This scholarship is awarded to outstanding students with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in any discipline. The amount of this scholarship ranges from RM1,000 per month to RM5,000 per month depending on the value of each award. This scholarship is only available to applicants who are not citizens or residents of Malaysia at time of application submission.
Malaysian Government Scholarship – This scholarship is offered to outstanding researchers who have already completed their PhD studies and are currently working as senior researchers at research institutions or universities within Malaysia or overseas. The amount varies but can range from RM3,000 per month to RM5,000 per month depending on the value of each award.
Malaysian Youth Foundation Scholarships Program
The Malaysian Youth Foundation (MYF) offers several different types of scholarships for both local and international students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance or other achievements. The most common award is called MYF Scholar Award, which is offered to students who have completed at least two years of higher education in Malaysia or another country but do not yet hold a degree at that level.
The Sultan of Johor’s International Scholarship (SJI Scholarship)
The Sultan of Johor’s International Scholarship (SJI Scholarship) is a scholarship for international students who have a strong academic record and have been accepted by an educational institution in Malaysia. The scholarship program is managed by the Ministry of Education.
The recipients will be awarded RM5,000 per year for two years and will be able to use their scholarship to help pay tuition fees at any public or private university or college in Malaysia. In addition, they will also receive financial assistance for books, equipment and other educational materials that they need during their studies.
The University Putra Malaysia’s (UPM) International Student Scholarship Programme
The University Putra Malaysia’s (UPM) International Student Scholarship Programme is open to students who are interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any discipline at UPM. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses for three years of study.
- The maximum duration of this scholarship programme is four years; however, you may apply for one year only if you have completed two years of studies before enrolling in the fourth year.
- You must be from any country outside of Malaysia but must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at UPM during your stay here. You must also fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be an international student with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or above
- You must have completed at least four years of secondary education/equivalent education before you can apply for this scholarship programme
- You must be able to support yourself financially during your stay at UPM
University of Nottingham Scholarships for International Students
The University of Noting Scholarship for International Students provides financial assistance to international students for their studies at the university. Eligible applicants can apply for this scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from outside Malaysia
- Students who are citizens of countries that are not eligible to apply for a Malaysian Student Pass or have been refused a Malaysian Student Pass or have failed to obtain a Malaysian Student Pass within 12 months after entry into Malaysia may apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time students at the University of Noting at the time of application submission
Unbabel Malaysia’s internship opportunities for international students
Unbabel is a Malaysian E-Commerce company that has been operating since 2016. It is a B2C company which means that it sells products and services to businesses and individuals. The company was founded by two brothers who are both avid gamers and have been doing business in the gaming industry for over 10 years.
Unbabel offers internship opportunities to international students who are willing to work full-time for 6-12 months at the company’s office located in Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
The following documents are required to apply for Scholarships in Malaysia for International Students
- A completed application form
- Two passport size photos
- A copy of your passport, visa and residence permit (if you have one)
- A copy of your degree certificate (if you have one)
- An official transcript from your school or university that shows the courses you took there, their grades and the name of your school or university
- An official letter from your school or university saying that you have received a scholarship (if available)
If you have questions about the application process or if you need assistance completing your application, please contact us at educationin.eu