Denmark Government Scholarships 2023 Fully-Funded. The government of Denmark has announced a range of scholarships open to international students. The scholarships cover some 3,000 students across the country and are available for PhD candidates in various scientific fields, including: political science, history, economics and sociology.Denmark is an open, liberal and democratic society and one of the happiest places on the planet. A large segment of the population are at a very high level of education and many with advanced degrees. As such it’s no surprise that Denmark’s universities and colleges produce many highly talented students who desire to study abroad or immigrate to Denmark.
About Denmark Government Scholarship:
The Denmark Government Scholarships 2023 Fully-Funded is an annual scholarship awarded to foreign students who have completed their studies in Denmark. The scholarship program is open to any applicant with a bachelor’s degree or higher from any country. The selected students will receive a full scholarship for two years, which includes an allowance of DKK 325,000 per year (US$47,922).
The main purpose of the Denmark Government Scholarships 2023 Fully-Funded program is to provide educational opportunities for foreign students who want to study in Denmark at the undergraduate and graduate level. The program also aims to promote cultural exchange and understanding between Denmark and other countries by offering scholarships that are funded by the Danish government.
The Danish Government Scholarship Programme consists of two tiers: Tier 1 and Tier 2. Tier 1 is open to students with financial need based on their academic excellence and/or financial need. The top 10% of applicants receive a scholarship worth up to $6500 per year for up to 2 years, while the remaining applicants get a scholarship worth up to $4000 per year for up to 4 years.
Tier 2 is open only to those students who have completed at least one full academic year at an accredited university or college in Denmark and who have been granted admission by their institution as a result of a competitive selection process that includes merit-based scholarship opportunities, regardless of prior educational attainment or financial need.
Details of Scholarship:
Eligible Countries:All Countries outside Europe
Academic Fields and Majors:
The central subject of the program is business studies. The program is designed to develop students’ interest in studying at university level, as well as their ability to work in teams. The program offers a broad range of courses, including competence-based courses and courses that focus on specific areas of knowledge.
These include medicine, dentistry, health sciences, humanities and social sciences, natural sciences and engineering. Some scholarships may even be available for specific types of courses such as philosophy, music or theater arts.
Benefits of Scholarship:
Scholarship for study at university level – these scholarships cover full tuition fees and living expenses until graduation. These types of scholarship are offered by most universities in Denmark and are generally known as ‘scholarships for study’.
Scholarship for study at higher education – these scholarships cover full tuition fees only, although some do include living expenses as well (living allowance). Some universities offer this type of scholarship.
The program offers up to DKK 10,000 (US$ 1,010) in scholarship money per semester and covers the costs of tuition and fees, as well as a monthly living allowance.
The candidate must be a citizen of Denmark or the European Economic Area (EEA). Candidates from outside this area can be eligible if they have a Danish parent or grandparent.
• Candidates must not have previously received a scholarship from the Danish government.
• The candidate must be enrolled as an undergraduate student at a university in Denmark, as well as in one of the following fields: business administration and economics, engineering and technology, medicine, natural sciences and mathematics.
• The applicant must hold an upper secondary school diploma or its equivalent (e.g., certificate for completion of vocational education).
• The applicant must have good academic results in high school or college studies and have been offered admission to an educational program at a university in Denmark.
A complete application form with CV, transcript of records and a copy of the passport;
- Two photographs (one print size, one passport size);
- Original certificate of residence if applicable;
- Proof of nationality or citizenship (passport);
- Proof of student status (valid acceptance letter from university).
- A letter of motivation explaining why you want to study in Denmark, why it is relevant and how it can benefit your future career prospects. The letter should be no longer than one page.
- Three reference letters from people who have known you for at least two years and can attest to your character and personality, such as teachers or employers. These references must be sent directly by the referees to the Danish Embassy or Consulate General in their country of residence.
How to apply:
- Visit the official website of the Danish Government Scholarship Programme (DSSP) to learn more about the programme and its eligibility criteria.
- Download the DSSP application form from the website. The application form is in Danish but you can use Google Translate or translate it on your own.
- Fill out all fields on the application form, such as personal data and academic achievements, before submitting it online as a PDF file.
- Follow up with an e-mail to confirm that you have submitted your application by following these steps: Complete all fields on your DSSP application form; Attach two recent photos – one frontal view taken straight onto the camera and another side profile image; Send the completed form by e-mail or post to firstname.lastname@example.org (this address is only available in Danish).
If you have questions about the application process or if you need assistance completing your application, please contact us at educationin.eu