- The DAAD Masters Scholarships in Germany, fully funded to the all applicants, are designed for African students with a minimum of two academic years’ experience at Master level. This scholarship will cover up to 50% of the tuition fee, as well as accommodation and travel expenses. Applicants must be enrolled full-time at a university or college of arts and science that is recognized by German authorities and belongs to one of the following categories:
- an institution of higher education other than the university which offers accreditation under the statutes; or
- a university which is recognized by its national authority, but which is not included in (ii). It is compulsory to have applied for admission at least 1 month prior to your departure from Germany
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a German government agency that provides funding for international students pursuing higher education opportunities at universities and other higher education institutions in Germany. The DAAD has several Master’s scholarships programs, including the DAAD Masters Scholarship. This program offers funding to African students seeking to pursue a master’s degree at an accredited university in Germany. The program is fully funded and requires no additional financial assistance from the student or family member.
The DAAD Masters Scholarship program provides funding for African students who are interested in studying abroad at one of two types of institutions: universities or other higher education institutions (e.g., colleges, vocational schools). Students must have been admitted as first-year undergraduate students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (on all courses taken) at their home institution prior to applying for admission into the program. If selected, they will receive $3,000 per year for five years (total cost: $10,000).
Details about DAAD Scholarships in Germany:
Host Institution: Multiple German Universities offer DAAD Scholarship
Host Country: Germany
Degree Level: Masters Degree Program
Scholarship Type: [Fully Funded Scholarship]
Financial Coverage: [Fully Funded]
Eligible Nationalities: [All Nationalities]
Available Scholarships: Not Known
Academic Fields and Majors:
Subjects to study in DAAD Masters Scholarships in Germany
- German Studies,
- Literature and Culture
- Psychology and Sociology
- Economics and Business Studies
- International Relations and International Political Economy
- International Law,
- European Law,
- Comparative Constitutionalism and
- Administrative Law.
Benefits of DAAD Scholarship Program:
The DAAD masters scholarships scheme is designed to provide
- free tuition fees,
- living costs and
- some travel and
- study allowances for students from African countries who want to undertake a master’s degree at any of the German universities.
- The scheme aims to increase the number of talented young Africans who can benefit from higher education in Germany.
The DAAD Masters Scholarships cover the entire cost of your stay in Germany including accommodation, tuition fees, meals, books and other expenses related to your studies. You will also be entitled to take up part-time jobs on campus during your stay at an accredited university or college in Germany.
- Have lived outside Africa for at least 3 years immediately before applying for a scholarship;
- Have good command of English;
- Be able to demonstrate ability and potential for academic excellence;
- Be able to show proof that you are financially self-reliant (i.e. through a bank statement showing sufficient reserves).
- You must have at least an excellent academic record.
- You must have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD program in Germany.
- Those who have been awarded the DAAD scholarship will be exempt from paying tuition fees for their programs and be eligible to receive partial financial assistance when they come to Germany on Erasmus+.
- The number of scholarship recipients is limited, so it is essential that you apply early as possible!
Documents Required to study in DAAD Masters Scholarships in Germany
- A certified copy of your final transcript from your country’s university or college.
- A certificate of proficiency in German language, if you are not native speakers of the language.
- An original testimonial from your university/college confirming that you have been granted admission on a full-time basis and that you are currently enrolled as a student at the University of your choice. If you do not have access to this document, please contact us for further instructions on how to obtain one.
- A letter of motivation describing why you want to study abroad and what makes this particular program appealing to you (e.g., if it offers placement opportunities or other options). This can be written by the faculty member who is supervising your program or another trusted third party such as an employer or family member who has known you for a long time.*
- Your passport.
- A letter confirming that you have been accepted as a DAAD Masters scholar for the period of study and that you have paid all required fees. The letter must be in English, dated and signed by an official representative of the country or institution where it was issued.
- Proof that you meet all eligibility requirements for admission to the university or other relevant institution. This can be in the form of a copy of your passport, but is not required if one has already been submitted with your application
How to apply:
How to apply to study in DAAD Masters Scholarships in Germany
The application process is highly competitive and students typically need to be accepted into a university program before being considered for any scholarship.
In general, the application process involves submitting an online application form and sending additional documents such as transcripts and recommendation letters to the organization’s office in Berlin, Germany.
Last Date to apply:
The Last Date to Apply for these Fully Funded Scholarships in Germany is 30 June 2022