The British Council Internship Program in UK is an exciting opportunity for students to experience life in the UK at an award-winning organization. This unique internship experience is not for everyone; it only accepts students who are determined, well-balanced and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The British Council is one of the largest non-profit providers of international educational programs — offering academic, cultural and language opportunities in over 60 countries. Internships are available in areas including London, England; Bradford, Yorkshire; and Edinburgh, Scotland in all areas of the organization and will be based on your chosen internships.
About British Council Internship UK
he British Council is an educational, cultural and developmental organization. It is the UK’s international organization for education, cultural relations and scientific co-operation. The British Council is committed to promoting British culture and heritage internationally.
The British Council internship programme offers students the opportunity to gain experience in a range of different settings. The programme has been designed with flexibility in mind and will allow you to build your skills through practical application of what you have learned.You can choose from a wide range of courses including those related to visual arts, media studies, drama, music, film and dance; or those related to law, politics or international relations. You can also choose from our short courses which suit your specific interests or career aspirations.
The British Council Internship Program in UK has been designed to provide students with an opportunity to work alongside professionals in their field of interest. The internship program offers students the opportunity to experience working as a professional within a company or organization.The program consists of both classroom based learning and on-the-job learning. Students are placed into internships at companies and organizations that are related to their field of study. In addition, they will also receive training on how to apply their learning in real life situations.
Details of Internship:
Host Country: United Kingdom
Host Organization: British Council
Program Duration: 2 Months-One year
Benefits of British Council Internship Program:
- This scholarship fund will provide you with funding worth up to £2,000 per year for each year you study at university or college in the UK. The fund supports candidates who wish to undertake an exchange or internship within their own country but do not have sufficient funds available from other sources.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about British Council’s work in UK and its role as a member of the European Union, including its current projects, partnerships and activities.
- You will get to know about British Council’s programmes and activities in UK and its role as an international organisation working for creative culture for all.
- This course is designed with the aim of providing you with a comprehensive understanding of the British Council’s work in UK, both internally and externally.
- This program provides an excellent opportunity for you to develop your professional skills as well as enhancing your employ ability prospects by gaining valuable experience during your stay in GB
- you must have your current diploma and/or graduate certificate or degree in any field of study.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field of your studies.
- You must be fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be able to commit to a full-time internship for at least 3 months and be available both during working hours and on weekends as well as public holidays.
- You have a degree, diploma or equivalent from a university recognized by UK.
- You have good experience with research and writing, including experience of working with academic colleagues.
- A resume, covering all aspects of your academic and professional background.
- A letter of application outlining your goals, experience, and reasons for applying to the British Council internship program in the United Kingdom.
- A statement highlighting your commitment and interest in cultural issues and how this would contribute to the success of the British Council internship program in UK.
- Two letters of recommendation from previous supervisors/mentors who can attest to your strong communication, interpersonal skills and cultural awareness abilities.
- An official transcript showing all previous education completed (with GPA) as well as courses taken for credit at both undergraduate and graduate level including any relevant coursework or extracurricular activities that demonstrate your commitment to cultural understanding, awareness and appreciation (e.g., language classes).
How to apply:
o apply for the British Council internship program you can visit the official website of the British Council. You can also get an online application form from the website. The application process is easy and simple. You just need to fill up the form with your details and upload a photo of yourself along with your resume.
The application process is pretty simple and straightforward. You need to pay a small fee of £35 as well as a passport size photograph and then submit it online. The process will take about 2 weeks from the date of submission of application form.
The institute conducts interviews for all selected candidates at its office in London, England. Candidates are required to take an English test before attending for an interview with them so that they can assess their level of proficiency in English language and come to know their personality better during the interview session.
If you have questions about the application process or if you need assistance completing your application, please contact us at educationin.eu